Rationale: Information is everything, yet many organizations suffer from poor records management. The increasing need to provide timely information for decision making in organizations demands skills in records management. The course places emphasis on how information can be effectively and efficiently managed.
Target group: Stenographers, records staff, copy typists, secretaries, clerks in central and local governments and Private and NGO sectors.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to;
- Understand the importance of information to an Organization and the role information plays in effective decision making
- Ensure that all procedures relating to records and information management are well understood and practiced
- Understand the importance of costing and budgeting in registries
- Understand the importance and use of e-filing
- Records as a Strategic information resource
- Electronic document management
- Flow and management of information in organizations
- Infrastructure requirements and options
- Modern systems and procedures for managing records information sources
- Security of information
Training Methods: Facilitation, Group discussion, Questions and Answer, Assignment, Case Studies
Mode of Delivery: Physical class and Online